Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Games and Fonts

Re the discussion of patterns in rule-based systems referred to in Embodied Mind: LifeLab is a game that illustrates this principle. It is pretty interesting to mess around with. (This link is to a Mac version of the game, but I'm sure you could find a similar app for Windows.)

Also, I found two companies that create handwriting fonts. Fontifier only costs $9 and you can have the font almost instantly (if you have a scanner). FontGod costs more and takes longer to acquire, but it looks like it might have a little higher quality.

Enjoy.

2 Comments:

Blogger asw said...

JMJ-
This was such a great post you made for this week...it's so refreshing to see how we can take some of the concepts from our book/reading and apply them to an application that exists currently or an example. I really found this interesting and has begun to make my mind turn into the possibilities of my future blog posts. I never even thought of doing this before. I don't have a PC, but I am planning on checking out LifeLab as soon as I get to a Mac on campus....wow, what a great idea in posting this JMJ. thanks!

5:52 AM  
Blogger asw said...

JMJ-
This was such a great post you made for this week...it's so refreshing to see how we can take some of the concepts from our readings and apply them to an application that already exists. I really found this interesting and it has begun to make my mind turn into the possibilities of my future blog posts. I never even thought of doing this before. I have a PC, but I am planning on checking out LifeLab as soon as I get to a Mac on campus....wow, what a great idea in posting this JMJ. thanks! (Disregard the other post..sorry about the double posting..)

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home